- Fixed known Win10 incompatibilities
- Added 64-bit version
- Removed 7Edit 1.x compatibility mode
- Removed serial connection support
- Fixed scaling issues on high resolutions
- Fixed known incompatibilities with Windows 8 and 10
- Renamed "Message" view to "Structure" view
- Message structure view now shows element name before the description for consistency. If element type differs from the name, it is shown after the description.
- Replaced "Document" view with "Messages" view. The "Messages" view contains more information about a message (num, name, description, date, control-id, etc.).
- Reworked search to find message elements by name or description
- Added "Navigation" menu
- Added an option to go to a message by its control-id.
- Watch list items can be dragged
- Watch list items can be renamed from the context menu.
- Validator no longer tries to validate a message without a definition
- Quick fix can be invoked from a context menu (additional dialog no longer shown)
- Right-clicking on a table item now selects it before showing a context menu
- Slightly changed visual appearance of the Definition Editor
- Fixed 'Show Table' not working if table editor wasn't closed
- Fixed OBR segment editing bug
- Added MDM_T03-T11 defintions to versions 2.4, 2.5 and 2.5.1
- Added 'CE' and 'TS' values to the table 125
- Search results can be exported to CSV
- Maximum number of returned search results can be specified in the search query
- Added validator option to show a warning if segment is at wrong location (disabled by default)
- Fixed bug: OBX.5 parsed incorrectly (OBX.2 value not used)
- Fixed bug: Text selection ignoring OS color settings
- Fixed bug: Text antialiasing ignoring OS settings
- Added an option to change editor font
- Scaling text size automatically for high DPI displays
- Elements marked as “Not Used” no longer validated
- Automatically generating a message control-id for new messages
- Reworked table editor
- Added recent files menu option to the definition and table editor
- Fixed bug: Application data stored to a wrong location if desktop folder was relocated
- Fixed bug: Element tooltip showing incomplete description for CE and CWE subfields
- Added HL7 2.7 and HL7 2.7.1 support
- Updated tables to the lastest version
- Added bytes order mark support for unicode files
- Sender, receiver profiles and watch lists can be imported/exported
- Fixed a bug with not splitting messages correctly when pasting multiple messages from clipboard
- Added an option to add a header when exporting to Excel and XML
- Aded an option to open exported file when done
- Fixed a problem with the application requiring administrator priviledges to start on Vista/Win7
- Fixed a bug with “Save As” not working on some configurations
- Fixed a bug with not identifying message bounds correctly when a file contains mixed line delimiters
- Validator now handles “HL7xxxx” values properly in CE and CWE fields
- Added “Extract Messages” function (extracts selected messages to a new document).
- Other minor changes and bugfixes
- Fixed compatibility issues with MS Excel 2010
- Fixed an error that could occur when exporting a report in Definition Editor
- Added definitions: PPP_*, PPR_*, PPT_*, PPV_*, PRR_*, PTR_* to the version 2.5 and 2.5.1
- Fixed bug: Validator fails when a timestamp contains a timezone but doesn't contain a year
- Added "Overview" feature to the "Watch" panel. Shows a table where rows correspond to messages and columns correspond to observable items.
- Splitting messages automatically when opening a document using "Open from Clipboard"
- Added definitions QBP_Q23, QBP_Q24 to 2.4, 2.5 and 2.5.1
- Added definition ORL_034 to 2.5 and 2.5.1
- Fixed bug: Application not able to open some files containing large messages and offers to import them
- Fixed bug: Acknowledge rejected if it contains CA code instead of AA.
- Bugs fixed:
- Fixed the problem with application not starting if some configuration files are broken
- Hexadecimal sequences like \X0A\ no longer escaped automatically
- Validator no longer shows "Field Required..." errors when corresponding option is disabled
- Fixed problems with saving/restoring File-Export presets
- Changed the way application handles files with framing
- File-Open no longer supports files with framing and should be used to open standard HL7 files
- Custom HL7 files and files containing framing should be imported using File-Import function
- Added File-Export function to allow exporting custom file formats
- Removed "Framing" section from document properties dialog
- Using squares instead of spaces to display invisible characters
- Fixed very slow repaint when a document contains too many problems
- Fixed wrong description of the segment array size problem
- Changed the architecture to support large files containing hundreds and thousands of messages (the largest file tested was 75M with 100K messages)
- For performance and usability reasons editor displays only one message at a time. There is a way to navigate messages using buttons, hotkeys and "Find" function.
- Added "File Import" function to allows opening custom HL7 files (including files with non-standard segment delimiters, formatting, log files, etc.)
- Improved "Open From Clipboard function". User can now view and filter clipboard content before opening.
- Added support for files containing message framing.
- Added "Watch" feature to observe message fields and export them to Excel/XML
- Changed the way application handles batch files. Batch segments (FHS,BHS, etc) no longer shown in the main editor. There is a special dialog that allows editing them and turning them on/off.
- Removed "Messages", "Segments" and "Batches" panel. Replaced with "Message" and "Document" panel (see below)
- Added an option to fill specific message header fields when creating a new document
- Added "Message Sort" feature. Allows sorting messages by Date, Name, Control-ID, Size
- Added a way to copy message content to the clipboard
- Added an option to reopen previously open files on start
- Added "Check for updates" item to the menu
- Added "Quick Find" to the toolbar
- Fixed a bug with broken formatting
- Many other small changes
- Document Panel
- New panel that displays the list of messages in the current document. Replaces the old "Batches" panel.
- Allows adding/removing messages
- Allows copying selected messages to a new (or existing) document
- Allows sending selected messages using a sender profile
- Allows exporting selected messages to HL7-XML
- Allows changing delimiters, name and version of the selected messages
- Message Panel
- New panel that shows structure of the current message. Replaces the old "Messages" and "Segments" panels.
- Displaying problems for the current message only (for performance reasons)
- Added an option to find a specific problem in the document
- Added more quickfixes
- Merged message/segment/field search into one. The search may return mixed results now. There is a way to limit search to specific elements if necessary.
- Added an option to search by element description (Patient, Insurance, Name, etc.).
- Added an option to turn search by name/position on/off
- Highlighting matching text in search results (if searching for a field value)
- Fixed a bug with regexp search returning less results that expected
- Limited search results to 5000 items max for better performance
- Added a way to send a specific message or a range of messages
- Added an option to stop sending if one of messages rejected
- Removed an option to send file/folder. A file must be opened before sending
- Auto-acknowledge now correctly uses segment delimiter from the original message
- Diff Tool
- Diff Tool now works with documents instead of files and compares individual messages.
- Added a way to quickly find/select required messages to compare
- Windows 7 Support
- Editor: Added messages numbers to the "Messages" view
- Editor: Added an option to change font size
- Editor: Improved Find/Replace performance
- Editor: MSH-9-3 value no longer used to identify a message
- Editor: Asking for a value for the field being added
- Editor: Slightly changed the way "Quick Fix" feature works
- Editor: Showing field name/description when editing a field using a dialog
- Validator: Added a dialog to manage profiles
- Validator: Added several new validation options
- Validator: Added element name to the report
- Sender: Completely rewritten for performance
- Sender: Added a dialog to manage profiles
- Sender: Added message counters (sent/accepted/rejected)
- Sender: Added an option to skip sending messages that don't contain MSH
- Sender: Filtering out FHS, FTS, BHS, BTS segments automatically when sending a batch
- Receiver: Completely rewritten for performance
- Receiver: Added a dialog to manage profiles
- Receiver: TCP/IP timeout disabled by default to prevent closing session before client disconnects
- Sender/Receiver: Showing message number in the log
- Sender/Receiver: Replaced "Open", "Save" dialogs with "View Messages" dialog
- Sender/Receiver: Added an option to filter messages sent and received by type and content
- Definition Editor: Subfields in a field definition now have optionality setting
- Definitions: Added SIU messages to the version 2.4 and up
- Many other small changes and performance improvements
- Validator: Fixed problem with CQ element and table number validation
- Sender: Fixed bug that didn't allow to send a message if empty framing was set
- Definition Editor: Fixed a bug preventing from saving segment group notes
- Definition Editor: Fixed a bug with table numbers not shown when editing a field definition
- Definitions: Fixed wrong table number in MSG(2.6) field definition
- Sender splits a message incorrectly if any segment contains "MSH"
- Validator indicates "" (double-quote) value as invalid in timestamps
and numeric fields
- Validator wrongfully shows "Expected more elements..." error when
validating a field array with a definition that limits number of occurrences
- Fixed ORM_O01, ORR_O02, OSR_Q06 message definitions in v2.1, 2.2, 2.3 and
- Definitions can be exported and imported
- Tables can be assigned to composite fields. Updated definitions accordingly.
- Updated the validator to check composite fields with a table
- Encoding can be specified in sender and receiver
- Added 27 new tables
- Added unicode example
The primary target of this release is improving non-Latin data and Unicode
support. This update also fixes several important issues in the application.
- Added encodings support, including Unicode
- XML exporter uses UTF-8 to preserve non-Latin characters
- Improved sender/receiver handling of non-Latin characters
- Changed definition and table file format to handle non-Latin characters.
Requires 7Edit 2.2 or higher to work with.
- Added numbering to recent files
- Dropped LST.N tag support in XML exporter and schema generator
- Fixed the problem with not accepting field names containing underscores
- Fixed the out of memory issue when exporting large files to XML
- Fixed several minor issues in Definition Editor
- Fixed annoying flicker when closing a document using its tab
- Definition Editor: Fixed a problem with "May Repeat" field in
the "Edit Field" dialog.
- Added the option to inspect/edit data without holding the CTRL key (7Edit 1.x style)
- Delimiters escaped automatically when changing a field value
- Added milliseconds and timezone to the Date/Time editor
- Added message search to the "New Document" and "Add Message" dialogs
- Added "Add Required Fields/Segments" option to the "New Document" dialog
- Double-clicking on MSH-2/MSH-1 invokes the "Delimiter Editor" dialog
- Sender: Messages can be sent from a file/folder
- Sender: Data can be send as the one block or splitted on submessages
- Receiver: Sending "NACK" as the acknowledge if autoacknowledge cannot be generated
- Definition Editor: Added "X" button to tabs
- Validator: Improved the logic responsible for finding missing required segments and fields.
- Validator: No longer showing a warning on empty required fields by default. This option can be turned back on.
- Validator: Required segments/fields can be added in one step
- Added QBP_Q22 and RSP_K22 message to the version 2.3.1 and up
- Added check for updates
- Messages having mixed segment delimiters can be opened OK now
- Fixed the problem which required re-entering a license key if system time was shifted
- Fixed several frame/window size issues on Vista
- Editor no longer looses focus when using menu shortcuts like Ctrl-S, Ctrl-V,
- Fixed the problem with editor loosing data formatting sometimes
- Showing a combobox in the "String Editor" only if field has a table
- Changed the order of OK and Cancel buttons in the Definiton Editor dialogs to match the rest of the application
- Fixed the problem with multiple application instances starting sometimes when opening a file from the explorer
- Fixed "Change Delimiters" logic to work with batches
- Fixed a bug in the search logic preventing from searching by a partial message name
- Several other minor issues fixed